Friday, June 29, 2007

Fall Down, Go Boom

Please always wear a helmet when you ride...

Last night June and I decided to go ahead with our planned ride even though it was a little rainy. We chose to ride on the Indian Creek Trail instead of the Brookside group ride. Thinking that being out of traffic would be a good idea. Probably good thinking.

We were riding conservatively, taking our time, careful. Coming around a small curve I got a bit close to the edge and hit some mud. Bike slid out from underneath me and boom, down I went. My left knee took most of the hit but as this morning has gone on I am feeling it in my wrist and shoulder.

The thing that rings loudly for me is the sound my helmet made when it hit the pavement. Very loud.

It's easy to think, 'Oh, I'm just riding on the trail. We'll go slow...". Yeah...

Wear your helmet!

Gotta ice the knee...

3 comments:

MUD said...

My helmet, my gloves and a rear view mirror. Great advice. For some reason my recumbent is prone to let me fall down when the pavement is covered with mud, sand or I'm in deep gravel. Probably has to do with unequal weight distribution but it is not my fault it is skinny. Love ya, MUD

Anonymous said...

ooops... Don't you think that the beer would have been the better option? ~ gb

MUD said...

Is that before or after falling down? Had to quit that stuff. Doctor said it would be a shame if my liver died before I did. Should have bought Budweiser stock instead of Bud all those years. With a little Cutty Sark stock on the side.
Jen, I have been doing well on hangman unless it throws some obtuse medical term at me. MUD