Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for my dogs.
I am even thankful for those rotten cats.
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful for my job.
I am thankful for the wine I am drinking.
I am thankful that I have a safe, warm home. That the bank and I own.
I am thankful for my rowing kids.
I am thankful for the turkey and leftovers in my fridge.
I am thankful for my God.
I am thankful.
Posted by Jenn at 7:54 PM
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Posted by Jenn at 5:42 PM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. When you smell poop...chances are there's poop. Especially at 4am...god bless their little old doggie hearts.
2. Spin class is 'oh my god!' hard. I mean lay down on the floor after, hard.
3. For $10 an hour you too can spend an evening with your 16 year old nephew. The Firefighter's Ball is tomorrow. Austin will be working with some other young fellows selling pop and ice.
4. Nothing beats a nap in the sun from a window on a cold November day.
5. Why do I always think I'm going to have all this free time when the season ends...it's almost Thanksgiving and all I've done is clean out my underware drawer. My list of January to do's just gets longer and longer.
6. When I get talked into taking Andrew to movie night at school I need to remember 3 things, a chair, snacks and the fact that he never stays for a whole movie so the outing will be short.
7. Did you know that the Tooth Fairy takes Wednesdays off? Go ask Kim...
Posted by Jenn at 2:19 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Spending time with cousins with whom you shared your childhood will answer questions you didn't even know you had.
Spending time with your grandmother will remind you how very, very lucky you are.
Long car trips will make you self conscious about weird speech patterns and wary of Sonic parking lots. ( and ending sentences with 'is'...see next)
Returning home to a gathering of your rowers will solidify how incredibly important the coaching is.
Petting the skinny, perfectly healthy cat you just spent $158 dollars on evokes the undeniable urge to drop kick him across the room. (kidding of course but I am irritated)
Sleeping through the night at the station will make you realize how happy you are to work at the little station on the edge of town.
Looking forward to math lab, making cupcakes, playing Uno and spending the afternoon with your favorite 1st grader will make your day.
Posted by Jenn at 8:15 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
First things first - Gus has lost a lot of weight in the last two weeks. Enough that I was really beginning to worry. So we went to see Randy (our wonderful vet). He examined Goose, asked me some questions, took some blood and checked his blood sugar.
The exam was normal other than the protruding hip bones...not a good look for a long haired cat...heart and lungs were good, teeth are fine, blood sugar is fine.
Randy said that most of the time in situations like this it's either diabetes or thyroid disease. Both treatable. It's not diabetes so cross your fingers for thyroid. I should know by mid morning tomorrow.
Alright...so there is all this talk about a bail out for the auto industry. Now I'm sure I don't understand all of the little pieces and parts but it seems to me that one of the reasons that they are in the mess they are in....is because they've (and by 'they' I mean the companies AND the unions) been doing the wrong things.
Making the wrong cars, making too many of them, not making enough of them, selling them for too much, wanting too much pay...etc, etc, etc.
So we are going to give them a shit pile of money so they can continue to do the same things??
I really don't get this. I know that the larger industry supports all the smaller ones and that a failure at the top causes a cascade of failures which would be catastrophic. BUT...we can't keep making the same mistakes that got us here.
Who will pay the price? It's got to be paid eventually by someone.
Posted by Jenn at 5:06 PM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Okay...I don't usually answer comments but here goes...
Donna - I can add 'Smoke', 'Pike', 'Plug' and 'Chief'
Kathy - 3 dogs, 4 cats and a Guinna pig....now that's crazy...you make us look normal!
Cindy - Mama Flame is pretty isn't she...wouldn't it be nice to take her AND a puppy...
Mud - We will take a lot of pictures and post them here and no...the girls would NOT enjoy a puppy...just something I know about them.
Additions to my Thursday Thoughts:
6. I found a dress at...of all the places...Walmart! $25, it fits me well and it's comfortable...works for me!
7. If you swim...say at the pool at the gym...please don't put on aftershave prior to coming to the pool...and PLEASE don't put on a A LOT of aftershave.
8. Manda ate fish and brussels sprouts for dinner...wonders never cease!
Posted by Jenn at 6:55 PM
Hey...maybe this can be a regular thing...
1. If you are going to work the drive through window it's sort of important that you be able to speak English and understand English. If you have to go get someone else to speak for you it really slows down the process.
2. When did a 'large' soda become like...64 oz? I think of a large soda being 32 oz. Anything larger does not fit in my cup holder. If the large at your establishment is ginormous, noting such on the menu board would be helpful. If not...don't get pissy with me when I don't want it.
3. Have you noticed the empty store fronts? Even in nice shopping areas. That scares me as much as anything.
4. I am NOT getting a puppy. (although if I was I'd get the cute little tricolor boy) I have two elderly girls and it would not be fair to them. They will live the remainder of their days (many, I hope) in the quiet predictability of their home. No puppies. Dang.
5. When did stores stop carrying dresses? And when did the dresses they do have get so darn short....showing my age a bit, huh. I need a dress and and I need a bit more fabric.
Have a great Thursday!
Posted by Jenn at 8:14 AM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Posted by Jenn at 8:54 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Posted by Jenn at 5:51 PM
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Parked like cars.
They are so colorful.
After a nice lunch (we were too late for breakfast) we loaded back up and one by one the little planes took off...headed for home.
We waited our turn.
Posted by Jenn at 9:35 AM