Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sometimes My Job Is Great Fun

If you happen to drive in the 2400 block of south 55th, look for the little house on the east side...the little house that used to be yellow but now is black. 4:30 am "house fire for the following companies....." Yeah!!!

A new paramedic, on the job 3 weeks, her first fire. She's about 115 pounds and tough as nails. She was great and looked like she was having a blast. The guys on the crew I've been working with were great. I did okay if you don't count losing my radio...

We stayed on scene looking for it, came back to the station and looked some more. I called dispatch, explained that I'd misplaced my radio and asked if they would tone on tach 1 (the channel the radio was tuned to for fire operations). 30 seconds later we began hearing a tone over the station speakers.

I called back to clarify.
"Did you send a tone on tach 1? we heard a tone on the stations speakers"
"Yes, we toned the station speakers."
"Well...I didn't lose the station speakers, I lost my radio!"
After some conversation they toned tach 1 and we found my radio.
Quality employees....

But it was great fun to catch a house fire and mix it up a little.

3 comments:

Donna said...

hilarious! i hope you're keeping track of all of these little quippets (yes, quippets) so that you can write a book later in life! have a great day... gb

June said...

gb-you are the Word Goddess, period. Driver Jenn, rock on! Too funny...

Kimmy said...

Sounds like a fun morning, glad you found the radio.