Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's Been Quite A Day


We're here. The girls are fed and tucked in.
The day was...well, not exactly without incident.
Started off with my bank running a very large check twice through...think buying two singles....I was 'overdrawn' somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000. They fixed it and my heart rate returned to normal.
There was fog in Boston and storms in between so after an hour delay we sat on the runway for 45 minutes, flew 3 hours to Boston and circled for 30 minutes before we could land and then sat on the runway for another 30 minutes until a gate opened up. But the seats were wide and comfy and they did have those great chocolate chip cookies.
When we landed in Boston I got a call from the guy who trailered our boat (Mike, sit down before reading further and I'll call you with the details). A car cut behind him and took the sterns off of three boats including ours.
So...here I am in Boston not even off the plane yet and we have no boat to race. I was pretty freaked and didn't want the girls to panic so while they stood at baggage claim I started making some phone calls. Talked to some coaches and got the ball rolling on a replacement.
We picked up our rental and promptly got very, very lost. While trying to navigate this crazy town I continued to get phone calls and finally spoke with Dave from Vespoli who will be loaning us a boat to race. A boat like the one the girls are used to rowing.
The very nice concierge from our hotel figured out where we were and talked us out of our lostness.
Then I had a beer. Okay, I had two.

2 comments:

Donna said...

OMG!!! And while we're at it...thank GOD for insurance!!! There was a great article about you guys in this morning's KC Star. Check it out on my blog. Keep us posted as to how things are going...

June said...

Have I mentioned recently that Mercury is Retrograde??? Ooops. All will be well!