Monday, February 05, 2007

Manic Monday




drift (drĭft)
v. drift·ed, drift·ing, drifts


1.To be carried along by currents of air or water: a balloon drifting
eastward; as the wreckage drifted toward shore.



I have a Blue Heeler mix. She is 10 yrs old and is one of those true 'rowing' dogs. You know the type, always in the coaching launch, has been to more regattas than most of the team, thinks the Boathouse is home.

She's very smart, loves to swim and can usually get one of the rowers to throw something for her so she can go get it. Her favorite is the plastic water bottles the kids bring...don't set on the dock, it might not be there when you come back.

If she can't get anyone to play she will drop a bottle off the edge of the dock, watch it as it drifts down river. She will then jump in and retrieve it. She can entertain herself for quite a while...if only I could teach her to make coffee, hmmmm.

5 comments:

Rachel Schell said...

how cute! I love water dogs...its funny because I had a black lab/rot mix who was sooooo afraid of the water. hee hee!

Rebecca said...

She's a baby!!!!! Awwwwww....I love your pets.

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I love that she drops bottles in for herself!

Gattina said...

I see she also likes cats ! She has such a faithful look !
I participated for the first time to this meme, put a wrong link in Mr. Linky which let to a bible page (lol) so everybody apparently was afraid to look at my blog !