Wednesday, April 29, 2009

If It's Not One Thing It's Your Brother

So...yesterday started out quietly enough...

I got up early and went to the gym to swim.

Arrived at work and began my day driving the big red truck.

About 8:30 my sister called and then began a day full of brother drama.

He's fine and I'll respect his privacy (and I hope ya'll do as well).

But that is not the real story of yesterday.

So...I'm right in the middle of brother drama and my cell rings.

It's the company from California that makes our uniforms. I'd begged, pleaded and convinced them to send our order overnight so the kids would have their stuff before this weekend (Denny...we'll be racing in Topeka!).

The club credit card was being declined. After a call to the bank where they told me that our club administrator need to phone them to fix the issue.

Of course I couldn't get him on the phone. So I paid for it myself.

Then...a few hours later my neighbor called. The killer dog was getting out of the fence. The neighbor finally got said killer dog in the yard and in the house.

Then a few hours later I was headed home to deal with killer dog and my assistant coach calls and my varsity girls had run our brand new quad into a PARKED pontoon boat. Pontoon boat is fine, girls are fine, quad is pretty dinged up.

Then, when I get home and our internet and home phone were not working.

Now...Monday, the dryer stopped working. So I guess I should have seen this coming.

I'm using today as a do over.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

At least there wasn't another dead raccoon.

Hang in there!

Amy said...

Wow! I thought my week was going bad. When it rains it pours, right? Hang in there.

MUD said...

There is hope that River may some day be trained. With Bob, we are pretty much, "what you see is what you get". See you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I thought that after the racoon there could not be anything worse for you. I was wrong. Let Bob know that I love him and want him to get well.
Love Aunt Sue

carrie said...

Ditto what Mom(Aunt Sue) said. Send your laundry over with Manda. She is bringing stuff over.

Cindy said...

Trade ya - with vehicle having been in the dealship service garage since last Thursday with "electrical problems". I think this bill is going to resemble the national debt. Not sure there is a "do over" with this one......

Anonymous said...

Brother Drama...nope! Don't think that I miss that in my life...Tell him that I love him and he knows that he can talk to me anytime... Same as you and the rest of ya! That Mandy girl can take the laundry over to Sis's all right. She's a good girl. Of course, she won't have the slightest idea as how to fold your undergarments ;)
Janet