Thursday, May 28, 2009

How Long?

So the other day I was taking a survey. One of those that asks your sex, age, race....marital status.

I was given four options:

  1. Married
  2. Divorced
  3. Widowed
  4. Single never married

These questions always bring up an issue for me.

I don't consider myself divorced. It's been so long...almost three times longer than the actual marriage.

And I've never been one to spend a lot of time bad mouthing the ex...not that he doesn't deserve some bad mouthing...but again...it's been soooo long. What really would be the point.

So back to the survey. I always answer 'Single'. I always have a little guilt. But that lessens with time.

I guess I'd like this option:

Single Doesn't Even Remember Being Married

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

I think we should petition for that to be an option, and then for someone like me:married doesn't remember being single!

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful flowers and of course the family photos. Looks like you kept AA aka Alabama Austin in kisses and hugs. Great stuff.
Barb

MUD said...

The term for an ex you almost don't remember is wasbund. He was but who cares MUD

Unknown said...

Love the "wasbund". Think I'm gonna have to borrow and use that one..........