Monday, June 01, 2009

Welcome Back Summer

Summer arrived at 4:45 this morning...well for me it did anyway. Today was the first day of summer practice.

Summer arrived as I stumbled out of bed thankful for automatic coffee makers and rethinking the whole 'going decaf' thing.

Summer arrived with bleary eyed teenagers sleep walking out of their cars... slowly waking up as they carried oars to the dock.

Summer arrived as we talked about schedules and goals and boatings.

Summer arrived as one by one they volunteered to help with the Y camp that begins tomorrow.

Summer arrived as we parted after practice, awake, energized, having done more before 8am than many will do all day.

Summer arrived as I returned home to the AC, showered and got back in my jammies. Curling up with the puppers and a good book, knowing that this afternoon I go back and do it all over again and again tomorrow morning and again, and again, and again.

Welcome back summer.

No comments: