Friday, November 10, 2006

Let's see what happens...


I been thinking about and reading a lot of blogs in the past few weeks. The concept is intriguing to me but I couldn't figure out a way to use it in my own life.

Zeno Mueller has a blog(http://indoor-rowing.blogspot.com/) he talks about the people he coaches and posts links to interesting sites he finds.

I decided to give this a try in a rowing related way.

so here goes...

We were talking today at the station about fitness, how as we age it becomes more and more difficult to maintain a level of fitness that makes you happy. We are moving into winter erg season and I plan on getting back on the bloody machine with everyone else. At least I hope everyone is getting on...My juniors better be!...the key for me will be not letting the winter fit become the summer soft once everyone is back outside.

The first few weeks of winter are a bit shocking. Don't worry too much about the splits. Concentrate on the technique and let the fitness catch up. Remember to stretch...a lot. Drink a lot of water, before, during and after. Spending a short session in the weight room twice per week is great if you can fit it in, endurance lifting more than heavy. Do the work and it will be spring before you know it!

1 comment:

MUD said...

I am working on building a recumbent bike exercisor. It is a lot like erging except it all legs.
MUD