Monday, August 10, 2009

Sleepless

My house has new gutters. The old ones were falling apart and falling off. It was time. When it rained I was getting water in the basement and there was a water fall at my bedroom window...loud! It was time.
.
I couldn't wait for it to rain. Wanted to see if the new gutters would do their job...keep the basement dry and let me sleep, enjoying the calming sound of rain.
.
Last night it rained.
.
And thundered.
.
Remember my dogs who are afraid of thunder. One of whom is currently wearing a big plastic collar around her darling little neck. The other has very clicky nails on my wood floor at midnight.
.
The basement is bone dry! The water didn't pound my bedroom window sill! So nice.
.
And I know all of this because Rescue alternated between getting stuck in the closet to getting stuck in the hallway...banging the collar against everything. And Maggie....Maggie paced.
.
Rescue ended up in the kennel and Maggie ended up in my bed.
.
I enjoyed the soothing sound of rain. Because I was awake the whole time...

1 comment:

Mom/Katie said...

Looks like we are going to get more. Enjoy!
mom