Thursday, January 24, 2008

Internal Negotiations

Did I do enough yesterday to deserve to lie on the futon reading this afternoon?

Do you do this to yourself? Geesh, I sure do.

Seems I hold myself to such higher standards (I guess that's okay). I had to mentally make a list of all the productive things I've done in the last 24 hours.

  1. Laundry.
  2. Swept and mopped.
  3. Blogged (I did that yesterday didn't I?)
  4. Lunched with the Petty girls and had meaningful conversation.
  5. Hung shelves in the kitchen.
  6. Picked up the library book that had been waiting for me.
  7. Dropped an entire carload full of stuff at the salvation army.
  8. Watched American Idol, SuperNanny and Project Runway.
  9. Began cleaning out the freezer.
  10. Took an entire carload of recycling to the recycling center.

Why, oh why, do I feel guilty about staying on the futon under many blankets on a 10 degree day....screw it...I'll be on the futon if anyone needs me. Guilt free!

2 comments:

MUD said...

I have never watched an entire episode of any of the shows on your item 8. Reality sucks and those shows are just a big chunk of it in a format that just doesn't have any appeal to me.
Love ya and se ya Saturday.
MUD

Kathy said...

Oh, I miss Dr. McDreamy. Damned writers' strike!