Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Freeze Update

Still cold.

Today...really, really cold. Just checked, it's 9 degrees outside.

This, of course, is the day that my darling dog found a place in the back fence she could get through. So I had to spend 20 minutes putting in a chainlink patch. Did I mention that it's 9 degrees.

I love her...really. Don't worry about the kicking. (just kidding...maybe)

I made a purchase that I'm going to allow on my spending freeze. A grain bed warmer! Oh...ya gotta get one! 3 minutes in the microwave and my toes were not cold at all.

And I bought a t-shirt for my dad. He was in the hospital last week and he's been on my mind a lot.

And then there was the new pannier bag that was on clearance when I went to get tubes for my bike tires...

Okay so the spending freeze hasn't been a complete sucess.

But...

I haven't been to Target or Walmart or any of those stores that get us all in trouble.

Of course I can justify all of the purchases...a gift for my dad, a bag I needed for my bicycle commuting that will begin....eventually, a foot warmer to keep me from freezing to death in my very cold house.

But I'm trying...

3 comments:

Chile said...

How big is this grain warmer thing? My little one gets almost too hot after 1 minute in the microwave.

Kathy said...

I bought a really big margarita in San Diego. I mean really big!

What's the deal with Southern California? It's never as great as you expect. Couldn't wait to get home. Home Sweet Home!

Cindy said...

You were ready to leave San Diego, the ocean, and margaritas to come back to this?? Hmmmmmmmmmm............