Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thoughts From My Green(er) World


An automatic timer on the coffee maker is essential as it's too freakin cold to stand in the kitchen and make the coffee. A hot cuppa is needed...quick.

Without the dryer ALWAYS check pockets for kleenex. Little bits of white fuzz on everything...please overlook.

CFL's in the cold garage take a long time to warm up. So...getting something out of the cold garage in a hurry...requires a flashlight.

It takes about 36 hours to line dry clothing in the basement. Preplanning is a must.

Weening myself off of plastic bags has been very easy. Not using styrofoam is another story. We get take out at the station when we are busy and so far it always comes in styrofoam. I'm making a list of the places I can't get takeout from. I'll miss I-Hot...and that great little deli over by Kim's office.

I need more practice making bread. But I made my own butter! Very cool!

It will be warm enough next week to ride my bike to work! I think Thursday's the day!!!

Have you made any green changes?

5 comments:

MUD said...

Only one small problem with the automatic coffee makers. They use electricity even when they are not in the brew cycle. If you unplug the damn things you have to reset the time before they will work.
I noticed the other night that when I went out in the garage it was so dark that I almost needed a flashlight to get to the car and realized that it was those damn fluorescent bulbs and they were cold. Real men ride their bikes in all weather. Oh, never mind. MUD

Chile said...

Some restaurants will allow you to bring your own containers. If you're a regular customer, it's worth talking to the manager to see if that would be an option.

Donna said...

I was conscious before...but am even more so now...and find myself always thinking: "how could this be used again?"

Donna said...

I was conscious before...but am even more so now...and find myself always thinking: "how could this be used again?"

Donna said...

btw...how did you make butter?