Friday, February 08, 2008

Oh Yeah...The Food...




The food has been VERY interesting...

I have thrown NO food away. Eaten all my leftovers and shopped, really, for nothing.

I've had:


  • Left over Popeyes buscuits, brought to the Saturday gathering and put in the freezer.

  • I just put left over chicken in some packaged (purchased before the greeness) black beans and rice.

  • Made fish tacos with only things I had on hand!

  • Eaten heart healthy oatmeal for breakfast most mornings.

  • Taken a box of stuffing to the station for dinner (with the baked chicken).

  • Had wild rice (in the cupboard) and brocolli (leftover from the cheese fondue) for dinner two nights.

  • Frozen salsa, avocado, pecan chicken, califlower, brocolli and bread to be used later. AND put a list of those things on the freezer so I wouldn't forget.

  • I've eaten my weight in homemade oatmeal cookies.

And here's the craziest thing....I've lost 4 pounds.


And there has been A LOT of laying on the futon.

(and yes...I am now reusing tinfoil. I am slowly becoming my Grandma Erma)

4 comments:

Donna said...

I guess all my years of a sparse fridge and cupboards make more sensne now...I've been somewhat green all along!

MUD said...

I can love ya even if you do turn into Erma. I can't get my mind right about fish tacos though. The aluminum foil can be used until it is just right to make a hat. keeps out all the weird thoughts. MUD

Kathy said...

And unwanted messages from aliens with subversive agendas!

Chile said...

That's great, Jenn